Thursday, July 18, 2013

'Chronicle' writer Max Landis not involved with sequel

"Chronicle" scribe Max Landis is no longer involved with 21st Century Fox's planned sequel to the found-footage take on the superpowers genre.

"Chronicle" was released in Jan. 2012.
As Comingsoon.net reports, Landis posted on Twitter that he has not been involved with the project for months, adding that "Chronicle" director Josh Trank, who has been tapped for the upcoming "Fantastic Four" reboot, was never attached to the sequel.

"I've been off Chronicle 2 for months now. Fox had a different direction they wanted to take the series, Josh was never attached," Landis said.

"Ultimately, I'm just very grateful to Fox for making a film as close to my original script as Chronicle was. For making the film at all. So yeah it's sad that as of right now I'm not involved in the sequel, and don't know what it's about even, but ultimately I can't complain.

"Chronicle 2 is still probably happening, just not with my involvement as of now. It's a bummer, but there are no real hard feelings. They hired new writers on it. I'm sure they'll announce soon. Just hope this answers the questions I've been getting everyday."

"Chronicle" followed three teens who gain superpowers after making contact with a strange object underground. The film, which was made on a $12 million budget, went on to gross $64 million domestically and another $62 million in foreign markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment