Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Comercials: 'The Hunger Games' trailer

Stanley Tucci and Jennifer Lawrence in "The Hunger Games"
And finishing our Super Bowl trailer coverage is the one that I didn't actually see tonight: "The Hunger Games."

Although the trailer debuted online a few days ago, I was waiting to see it live during the big game, but somehow missed it. I'm going to have to back through my DVR recording to see if I can find it.

Anyway, the trailer for the highly anticipated feature adaptation of the first novel in Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy is definitely worth the wait. Unfortunately, I can't embed the trailer, but you can click this link to watch the 60 second spot.

Although the TV spot includes mostly footage from the full trailer, it does add several new scenes, most noticeably a peak at Caesar Flickerman's (Stanley Tucci) interview with Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence). We also get to see Katniss imploring Gale (Liam Hemsworth) to look after her family.

Fans of the books will note that the movie is apparently deviating from the source material as to how Katniss comes to possess the mockingjay pin, which becomes an important plot device in the books. I'm not surprised since the person who gives Katniss the pin in the books is ultimately a minor character.

No comments:

Post a Comment