Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Comercials: 'G,.I. Joe: Retribution' trailer

I made my thoughts on "G.I. Joe: Retribution," the sequel to 2009's "Rise of Cobra," pretty clear last summer after it was announced "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" director John Chu was at the helm.

With most of the original cast tossed aside, I didn't hold much hope. Then the new cast started to take shape with a few surprises, most notably Bruce Willis. Even better, the first full trailer revealed that despite the cast overhaul, it seemed they weren't throwing away the story buildup from the first one.

Then they had to go and do this:



If you want to use some Jay-Z in your trailer, I'm fine with that. Use it in the movie, go right ahead. But to have Dwayne Johnson (portraying Roadblock) quote him in the actual movie? Seriously? And then use that clip in your big Super Bowl spot?

I'm not writing the film off for a second time quite yet, but I'm going to call this one a big step back, especially after how good the full trailer was.

No comments:

Post a Comment