Thursday, May 19, 2011

Entertainment Weekly provides first glance of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen

When Jennifer Lawrence ("Winter's Bone") was cast as Catniss Everdeen in the upcoming film adaptation of Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games," the backlash from fans online was strong enough to spur the author herself to come to the decision's defense.

Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen
Lawrence didn't look the part. She was blond. She was too old. Too white.

Well, Entertainment Weekly has revealed the first photo of Lawrence in character as a preview of its latest issue set to hits shelves Thursday.

I have to say, while I was not against the pick to start with, I'm impressed with the look presented in  the photo. I can see Katniss, or at least how I saw her to be. And that's always the problem with translating words into movies. Everyone has their own vision of what they read.

As for Lawrence's ability to capture the rest of Katniss, Collins has already given her opinion, so I'll leave that part alone for now.

What do you think of the photo? Do you see Katniss?

No comments:

Post a Comment